Education is the best investment
Attending Thunderbird is a significant financial commitment. But when Thunderbird is the right fit for a student, it's also a valuable investment. Our focus on mental, physical, and spiritual development prepares students for college as well as the rest of their lives; and our college credit classes, aviation opportunities, and nursing program provide academic jump starts for the next phase of their career, improving their eligibility for exclusive secondary education programs and reducing the number of classes they'll need to take in college. That means less money spent on college tuition, and the opportunity to start their career sooner.
We're looking for talented and motivated students, and we're committed to helping them find a way to make the Thunderbird investment affordable. Last year 98% of our domestic students received some level of financial assistance. Students receiving assistance were awarded over half a million dollars in total, and on average students received more than $4,000 each—with financial aid covering nearly 100% of tuition in several cases.
For the 2017-18 school year attendance at Thunderbird will cost $9,400 for day-students and $17,000 for students residing in the dorms, exclusive of student specific charges and fees.
Basic Financial Policies
Thunderbird Adventist Academy reserves the right to alter rates due to changes in government regulations or economic conditions. To keep tuition costs as low as possible and furnish the funds necessary for the school to meet its operating expenses, the following policies have been adopted:
- The applicant’s account and sibling accounts from previous years at Thunderbird Adventist Academy must be paid in their entirety before the student is permitted to enroll for the current school year.
- There must be a balanced financial plan for the current school year and the account must be kept current.
- Monthly payments are due on the 1st of each month. Balances not paid by the 15th of the month are subject to a late payment fee of $25.00.
- Monthly balances, or other approved financial agreements, must be paid within 60 days of the agreed date or the student may be suspended until payment is made.
- All accounts must be paid in full before taking semester or final examinations. Participation in graduation is not allowed unless the account has been settled.
- Accounts that are delinquent at the end of the school year may be charged 1% monthly interest.
Please request a copy of the Student Handbook for additional policies and information.