- Sweatshirts and t-shirts with appropriate advertising may be worn. They should not advertise or refer to alcohol, cigarettes, drugs or have slogans or pictures that are offensive or suggestive. This would also include music groups that represent a lifestyle that is out of harmony with Christian principles
- Shorts no shorter than four inches above the knee (top) are appropriate.
- Should have no holes and undergarments should not show, including underneath clothing.
- Jeans should not have holes or slashes and should not be skin-tight.
- Soffe shorts are not acceptable for recreation.
- Sports clothing must fit so no undergarments are exposed.
- One-piece competitive swimwear is appropriate for young women. Two-piece suits are not permitted.
- Speedos are not appropriate for young men.
- Flip flops and sport slides are permitted during recreational time.
- Jewelry, except for watches, is not permitted.Tattoos, or body/facial piercing (ears, lips, tongues, noses) should not be visible on any part of the body while on campus or at school-sponsored activities
- Hair must be neat, well groomed, and of natural color and style.
- Cosmetics/make-up should not create an artificial appearance or bring undue attention to the student.
- Shoes are to be worn at all times
- Hats are not to be worn in classrooms, the chapel, or at religious services.
For Both Young Men and Young Women:
- Shirts: Only shirts with the TAA logo may be worn during school hours. Oxford shirts must be tucked in.
- Pants: Only tan khaki color or black uniform pants selected from the styles listed in the Uniform Packet may be worn during classroom hours. Pants must fit at the student’s natural waist and be the appropriate size for the student. Low-cut, “sagging,” or too tight pants are not appropriate school dress at any time. Undergarments should not be visible under any circumstances. Cargo pants, Cargo shorts, jeans, leggings, stretch pants, sweat pants, skinny pants, pants with patch pockets and double stitch seams (such as on jeans) do not meet the dress code policy.
- Shorts: Only tan khaki color or black uniform Bermuda shorts selected from the styles listed in the Uniform Packet may be worn during classroom hours.
- Outer Wear: Only TAA logo sweaters may be worn in the classroom along with the TAA logo polo or Oxford shirt. The TAA logo sweaters can be purchased at the Uniform Store. Jackets may be worn over the uniform outside, but once inside, the student must take the jacket off and hang it over the back of the desk seat. Sweatshirts or hoodies are not permitted to be worn during school hours.
- Accessories: Students may choose to accessorize their uniform with a Thunderbird Blue tie purchased from the Uniform Store. Girls may choose to wear a “cross-over” tie in Thunderbird Blue also available from the Uniform Store.
- Shoes: Sandals with back straps are permitted however flip flops, sport slides and house slippers are not school attire.
For Young Women Only:
- Capri pants: Young women may wear only uniform Capri pants selected from the styles listed in the Uniform Packet.
- Skirts: Young women are permitted to wear the Adams plaid skirt (only from the Dennis uniform Store) during classroom hours. Skirts must fit the student’s natural waist and be knee length while standing straight. (top of the knee).