Tuition and Financial Aid
Basic Financial Policies
Thunderbird Adventist Academy reserves the right to change the rates charged at any time in order to meet government regulations and/or changing economic conditions. To keep the tuition costs as low as possible and to furnish the funds necessary for the school to meet its operating expense, the following policies have been adopted:
- The account for the applicant and/or sibling accounts from previous years at Thunderbird Adventist Academy must be paid before the student is permitted to enroll for the current school year.
- A student transferring from another school must make arrangements to pay the account at that school before being admitted to Thunderbird Adventist Academy.
- There must be a balanced financial plan for the current school year and the account must be kept current.
- Monthly payments are due on the 1st of each month. Balances not paid by the 15th of the month will be charged a late payment fee of $25.00.
- Monthly balances, or other approved financial agreements, must be paid within 60 days, or the student will be suspended until payment is made.
- All accounts must be paid in full before taking semester or final examinations, or before a transcript, official grade card, or diploma may be issued. Participation in graduation will not occur unless the account has been settled.
- A student receiving academic credit will be expected to pay full tuition whether entering the course late or being absent for any reason during a portion of the course.
- Students having delinquent accounts are prohibited from activities whereby they would miss work and from extra-curricular activities that have extra fees.
- Delinquent accounts at the end of the school year will be charged a 1% monthly interest.
Each student is assessed a class due fee at the time of registration. These are not refundable and follow the class until graduation and will help the class in paying for some of the senior year events. These dues are on an increasing scale as follows
- Freshman $50
- Sophomore $75
- Junior $100
- Senior $125